Please read and understand the following terms and conditions (‘Terms’) governing the use of your personal data that regulate your access to our website and use of all online booking systems and applications. Absent your agreement thereto; you may not be allowed to use or access the Online Booking System.
Furthermore, you also warrant to, and agree with us that you shall not allow someone else to log in our website as yourself personally nor share your account with anyone else and that you will not use our website or online booking system in a manner that violates the laws or statutory regulations or rights of anyone else; or your use of which is prohibited by the relevant laws,
- Collection of Personal Information
- (i) Personal Information collected through Gratus and its affiliates (dermes, reenex, elyze, Evvus and VIGENE) (collectively hereinafter known as “we” “our” or “us”) may include, but not limited to member registration details, information enquiries, information by which you may be personally identified such as name, email, address or other identifier by you may be contacted online or offline. And information provided to us through our website and our different beauty stores which are operated under its other affiliated companies (BIODERMA concept store, online shopping platform (website address: http://www.gratus.com.hk) and our mobile Apps (Gratus). Whenever Users visit Gratus or any of its affiliates (dermes, reenex, elyze, Evvus and VIGENE) (thereinafter known as “Affiliates”), we collect IP addresses automatically through our server log files. These IP addresses are collected for calculating Gratus and/or Affiliates usage levels, administering Gratus and helping to solve server problems when they occur.
- (ii) We will notify you when we need to obtain your Personal Information online or in our individual beauty stores and concept stores. You can refuse providing us the relevant information. The refusal of giving necessary information may hinder us from fulfilling your request or providing you with the service fully or partly.
- The Use of Personal Information
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to
- provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- share your photos in the App and other electronic communication tools;
- notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it, and
- use your Personal Information to contact you in the future for providing you with relevant information about your subscribed services, and other services or products for our marketing and advertising purposes. It includes but not limits to information about our services or events we believe might be of interest to you, to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you, and to display content and advertising on or off our services and products that we believe might be of interest to you.
- The usage information we collect helps us to improve the App and to deliver a better and more personalised experience and make the Services relevant to as many users as possible. Gratus and its affiliate companies may follow information on your use of the App and services we provide to you. For example, anonymised statistics on the daily number of visitors, the daily requests for specific usage elements and the districts from which viewing and services are accessed can be followed using evaluation tools.
- We use these statistics exclusively for measuring activities and for improvement or adaptation of the App and services for users’ benefit. We may also use Google Analytics or other analytics tools and methods to develop anonymised user statistics. We use such statistics exclusively for the analysis of activities, the improvement of services provided to our customers, and for communicating findings and product or services improvements to our customers and prospective customers. Such statistics do not contain personally-identifiable data and cannot be used for the collection of personal data.
- In short, we collect Personal Information to enable us to provide you with better personal services and experience. We also provide you with information on our products and service that are of interest to you; it includes communication and delivery of online and offline direct marketing information; and handling the enquiries and complaints for the purposes of conducting services survey and enhancing customer relationship.
The Cookie may collect information, including personal information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that person, that is collected from Users through cookies, pixel tags, local shared objects, web storage and other similar technologies. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on so permits; but doing so may interfere with your use of our website and all features and services we offered to customers.
If you do not wish to receive any information stated above, please notify us by email (email address: email@example.com) about your withdrawal, or you can opt-out by clicking “Unsubscribe” link shown in the promotional message. Opt-out procedures will be completed within 10 working days upon receipt of your request. In case if you could not receive our confirmation letter, please notify us immediately. No fee will be charged for the cancellation arrangement.
- Retention of Personal Information
- If you choose to delete your account or membership in Gratus, or any Personal Information saved in Gratus, subject to clause 5(ii) below, we will destroy your account in Gratus or any Personal Information within 6 months.
- Any personal information will only be retained to such an extent to fulfil or comply with the relevant legal or contractual obligations, and such information will only be retained for the period necessary to carry out the collection purposes as prescribed by statutes or statutory requirements; and
- Data that is no longer required will be disposed in a proper manner.
- Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent, sell, or share your personal information with other people or non-affiliated companies except for providing Services that you have requested or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements to process your Personal Information and maintain our database.
- We provide the information to any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies, where necessary, to establish and support the payment of any products and services being requested by you.
- We may process or store your Personal Information in locations other than in Hong Kong for our business operations if needed; under such circumstances, we will protect your Personal Information in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes, or establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- We believe it is necessary to share such information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of the Terms or as otherwise required by laws.
- Protection of Personal Information and Security
- We limit access to your Personal Information by our staff, Suppliers, business service providers and business-related partners who, we believe reasonably, need to utilise that information in order to provide Services to you or do their jobs.
- Gratus supports Secure Socket Layer (安全資料傳輸層) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as Personal Information, financial services information and payment information.
- To protect your privacy and security, we require you to enter your personal ID or membership number and password before allowing access to the App and our website.
- You acknowledge that Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure; and any information and transactions you send to us via third party service providers may be read or intercepted by others; therefore, you further agree with us that under no circumstances shall we be responsible for and liable to you as a result of such unlawful disclosure of your information and transaction data to a third party.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, and you are reminded that no online or offline data transmission or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% safe and risk-free. We shall not be held liable for any loss and damages caused to you or any third party arising from any data loss or leakage or any matter in connection therewith.
Phone: (852) 8100-0890
Fax: (852) 2581-9913
If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of the Terms, the English version shall prevail.
The latest update on 16/10/2018